Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Family Status

For months now our family has been in limbo...We knew change was coming but were unsure exactly when. Julie and I have been in a year long process and planning to move back to south Atlanta and plant a church in Henry County. Several crazy things have happened that I will save for another time, but it has caused the transition to be handled in ways that have made it more difficult at times. Here is our current situation...I have been leading the church I have been serving for the last four months since my pastor/boss resigned. It has been a great experience and we have grown so close to so many people. During that time, Julie has been searching for a teaching position in Henry County, and several weeks ago took a position at Hampton Middle School. While we are very excited and thankful, it has caused our family to be separated. Julie and Jase are currently living in GA and I am still in MS until the end of October to complete the transition process with the church I am currently serving. We are still attempting to sell our Gulfport, MS home. I am excited yet saddened all at the same time to relocate. God has given us a passion and heart for Henry County and we will launch Relevant Church next year. I will look for a job beginning November and will be employed by someone other than a church for the first time since college. I will be sharing more of the process here as the weeks unfold, but in the meantime, will you please pray for the following things...

  1. For our family in this time of separation and change. Jase is only two, so I am travelling nearly every week to be with them. Family is my first priority.
  2. For our house to sell in Gulfport. Need I say more in this market, the value of the house has dropped $90,000 in the last year.
  3. We have to raise $100,000 in the next few months for the church plant. This seems impossible in this economy, but we are trusting God to make it happen.

We really do covet your prayers, and look forward to seeing many of you back in GA soon.

Carl

1 comment:

RickinMS said...

Carl & Julie, I know y'all have made some tough decisions but following God's will is not always the easy path (as you know). We will pray for time to fly during your separation, for the house to sell and for the needed funds. We will miss you both but we plan on staying in-touch! Thank you for all that you do and have done!! - Rick