Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lessons From The Weekend

This past weekend was an incredible opportunity for GCWC. We had the pleasure of hosting Kevin and Kristal Beachy as they are considering the lead pastor position here. Here are a few things I learned from the weekend...
  • Hosting is a tiring process
  • We have an unbelievable board and staff
  • Our church family is excited about the future
  • Relationships matter
  • Mrs. Glenda makes amazing Key Lime Pie
  • You will never please everyone, but you can set aside your differences for the unity of the Body of Christ
  • I ate too much
  • Red Team is still the best team on the planet
  • I have amazing parents who watched Jase for the weekend
  • I really missed speaking Sunday
  • I am ready to jump back in the Chase the Lion Series
  • Eddie and the worship team did an amazing job

What did you learn?

Carl

4 comments:

RickinMS said...

* I learned that I really hated to miss Kevin's message on Sunday. We heard Great reviews are we are about to watch the DVD.
* I learned that Tara's hometown is actually a kewl little town! Very family oriented and kid friendly. I just hate that the weather STINKS 8 months a year! ; ) (They got tennis ball size hail a week ago! July!)

Glad everything went well this weekend... - Rick

mslarkb said...

I laugh too loud.
I really missed everyone on Monday.
I really missed everyone on Tuesday.
The worship team continues to amaze me!
Props to everyone that cooked, hosted & served - You truly did it from your heart - it showed.
The excitement on Sunday was awesome!
Desserts & Food was great - spending time with the board & staff families & friends & hearing your hearts was better than all of that - Love you all & excited about the future!

Anonymous said...

I learned Bald ain't so bad! Pastor Kevin could complete the "Triplets". I been tellin Burke those spots are too bright!

Unknown said...

I wasn't there (we are still sick), but I must say that even so, I learned that the GREEN TEAM is still the BEST!!!!
Looking forward to watching the DVD and hearing you speak again this weekend....please try, however, to stifle your unmerited enthusiasm for the red team (no offense intended, of course), as you know as well as everyone (just ask Eddie!), GREEN TEAM is BEST!! Come on...admit it!