Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Faith Crisis - Part 2

So I am 21 years old and 2 weeks from getting married when I graduate. I had interviewed with nearly 20 pastors, some of which interested me greatly, while others...well anyway. The times that I was interested I had a good feeling about the opportunity, only to have what seemed to be like door slammed in my face. After wrestling with what now God, I had to just trust in what I could not see " Hebrews 11:1. Julie and I went forward with the plans, understanding that we would do whatever we had to do until the right opportunity came along. Two days before our wedding I received a call from a pastor in Nashville. We talked for a while, and he was visiting ATL the week I returned from my honeymoon. We decided to meet then and discuss further the opportunity of us serving with him. It was our final hope before the wedding day. We returned from our Honeymoon and met in N. ATL and both parties showed interest. We decided to visit a week and a half later and things came together. Julie and I served for 2 years at that church and built friendships that will last a lifetime before God led us in another direction. We realize how important it was for us to be at that particular place for that particular season for us as well as them. I learned the most important lesson in my life at that point...what we see will not always line up with what we believe...that is a faith crisis. How we respond will determine the future of the journey.

No comments: