Monday, November 3, 2008

Give Me a Steak Please!!!

Hebrews 5 http://tinyurl.com/5csgy5 gives us a look into what God expects of us when it comes to growing up spiritually. The last year and a half has given me new insights into this scripture. Since Jase was born I have been astounded at the process of growth he has made both physically and mentally. I never really understood how much children really desire to learn. He will show you and tell you the new things he has learned everyday. On top of that random things come out of his mouth that there is no way he should understand at this age. I see him processing new things on a daily basis. Beyond that I remember the first time he could hold his own bottle (there is a God). Every step of the way I am amazed and this is the kicker for me...he is only 18 months old and so much has been learned. I think it is worth noting that in 18 months it is unlikely that a person can be and will be a fully devoted follower of Christ...that is a lifelong process. However, there are things that spiritual leaders must allow people to do for God at every growth stage. When Jase began holding his bottle on his own...I QUIT holding it for him. When he got began fedding himself I QUIT feeding him. Pastor what are you allowing those in various growth stages to do. Are we pushing people forward or holding them back.

No comments: