Monday, November 10, 2008

Faith Crisis

I have been studying Habakkuk http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=42&chapter=1&version=31 the last few days and have been assured that all of us will hit at least one faith crisis in our lives. It's that point when what we believe doesn't like up with what we see. As I looked back on my life I realized the different "faith crisis" that I have had along the journey. I remember after wrestling with God's call on my life and having a serious injury that ended a potentially prosperous baseball career, God had my attention. To be brief, it was at that moment that I realized I had been running away from the calling God had placed on my life. So I began to pursue it. For the next 4 years I did everything I thought I was supposed to do to be the great leader I was supposed to be. My senior year in high school I began learning and reading. I took 3 college classes while still in my senior year. I went on to graduate college in 3 years, get engaged and was only months from being married when I began the search for a place of ministry. Enter "faith crisis." No one would hire me. I felt like I had done what I believed I was supposed to do. I was about to have a family. I had great dreams and aspirations, but no where to see them fulfilled. I'll continue with how it all ended tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow how familiar, that's pretty much my life right now.